View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 10:37 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  
Draciack

Porkchopped, I'm struggling with self-condemnation as well. It's a difficult concept, especially when tied to the idea of being powerless over alcohol. How much blame should I assess myself when, after that first drink, I lost all self-control, perspective, and (too be honest) insanity? I'm still not sure. What makes it even more complicated is the fact that I did not even realize alcohol was a problem until something catastrophic nearly happened, and this was after I almost failed out of school, destroyed numerous relationships, and was blacking out on a consistent basis. It's all very confusing . My current theory is that I should have been more aware of the warning signs...but, hell, not being aware indicates just how powerful the alcohol delusions are.

So, my suggestion? Crap happens, you're on the right path now and that's all that matters. Rock and roll. Oh, and Step 9 of the Twelve Steps recommends making amends to people we've harmed whenever possible, except when to do so would cause further harm. So that is an option as well.

By the way, THANK YOU for recommending SleepyTime herbal tea. Works like a charm.