View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 09:19 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  
BadLove

Hi everyone! Starting off day 7 in a great way - sober and leisurely enjoying a cup of coffee. No nausea, no head fog, no lost time from last night. Last night I watched a movie with my friend, one of many mundane events I usually convinced myself would be better if I were drunk. Surprise, surprise...still fun! And I wasn't obsessing the whole time about when I could get my next drink, how not to appear too drunk to my friend, etc.

A reality check: Today I'm going to visit a college friend who was just released from prison. Our sophomore year, he drove drunk with his friends and got into a car crash that killed his best childhood friend. He spent the last 2 years serving time. He is one of the sweetest and most positive friends I made in college, and it has been difficult to watch him go through this experience and see how alcohol changed his life forever. It just reminds me how deadly and insidious an influence alcohol can be, and how lucky I am to still have a chance to change things around.

Thanks,
Abby