View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 07:14 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  
traderjane

Good morning! We had heavy rains, thunder and lightning during the night here so I kept waking up. It's a dreary looking Sunday morning, but I'm sober, clear headed and not hungover! How wonderful is that. I can't remember the last completely sober weekend I have had. In fact, I'm proud of myself (pat on back!) Gotta get up and get the coffee brewing and figure out my plans for the day. My daughter's softball game was canceled due to field conditions, so it's kind of wide open at this point.

Porkchopped, I practice yoga and it has helped me tremendously in terms of self-love, acceptance of myself, that I'm exactly who I'm supposed to be and where I'm supposed to be. There is a lot of philosophy in my classes about living in the present, letting go of mistakes made in the past, forgiving yourself. I don't know if that's an option for you, but it has helped me a lot. Even if you are not interested in yoga, there are books on this stuff related to zen practice, living in the present, etc. I don't know if that helps, but we do need to let go of the past else it haunts us and eats away at us. Think about enjoying today and today only ... what a great gift it is to be alive and how you are going to make the most of this day.

I hope others are doing well! I'm on Day 4 again. It's possible to keep getting up when you fall down. The key for me is learning how NOT to fall down again.

Happy Sunday.