View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 06:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
north

Location: Overseas... on the shore of an uncharted desert isle.
After I quit drinking, I experienced the following physical changes:

1. I lost weight - body fat, not muscle. Around 9-10 kilograms to date. I wasn't fat but certainly slightly overweight. My current body mass index (BMI) is well within normal levels. I look and feel a lot better, stronger and even younger. The only one negative side-effect was that my bespoke suits no longer fit me - I was thinking of getting them altered but figure I'll just order some new ones.

2. Within one month, my slightly elevated liver enzymes (no other symptoms other than what was indicated in the blood tests) dropped right back into normal acceptable levels. So, did my elevated cholesterol levels - without statins or anything else (probably due to the fat loss).

3. "Clean" digestion. I actually never realized that alcohol somehow screwed up my digestive system. It's extremely gross and admittedly too much information but I took the morning 'beer *****' and accompanying toxic gas for granted or mistakenly attributed it to having eaten some particularly spicy ethnic food like Indian. I now realize that the sole cause was the booze and the way it messed with my gastrointestinal system.