View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 06:00 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  
Margareth
Recent T-totaller

Originally Posted by traderjane View Post
Sorry about that, Margaret --- fights are no fun, but I guess necessary at times in a marriage. My ex-husband and I never fought... and that wasn't healthy either. We ended up divorced and disconnected.

So funny about the difference in language. I lived in the UK for two years and was amazed at how many of the terms had different meanings and different things were called different things. When I came back to the states, had to re-adjust all over again. Not to mention the driving on the left hand side of the road!

Yeah, not sure where this depression is coming from. A little bit of a feeling of "not having anything to look forward to." I think with a good night's sleep it may go away. But you are right -- many of us (including me) have used alcohol to mask or dull sad or lonely feelings. I'm not doing that tonight --- going to plow right through them instead of around them.

I hope the rest of the May Flowers are doing well tonight!

Laura
Yep, tiredness can do that for you.

Funny, He seems to feel a lot better about the marriage too! Maybe I should more. LOL.

Oh and don't worry about the fighting bit I can tell you hilarious stories about
fights throughout our almost quarter of a century lasting union. The best once were always sober and the once we had while drunk are without a doubt the most forget worthy.
We even had a rule: No fighting while drunk, if it is something we really need to talk about than it has to be sober. For drunks we where quite sensible really. :rotfxko.

We even had a spare bed for when, mostly my husband, forgot the golden rule and he went of a the deep end (Never physically and always very drama queen) he never remembered why he was angry.

Fireplace almost installed by the way.