View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 05:30 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  
Margareth
Recent T-totaller

Originally Posted by traderjane View Post
Thanks, Dean. I'm actually depressed tonight and not sure why. I'm usually a pretty happy person, in spite of everything. Maybe it's good that I'm depressed because I'm dealing with some emotions I have instead of masking them. Does anyone ever feel depressed and not know why? Sorry, I'm rambling!

Well, I'm not drinking tonight. I guess that is one thing to be happy about. Maybe things will look brighter in the morning.

Margaret -- your post put a smile to my face (thank you!) Does "matrimonial" mean what I think it means? I call it something else -- a lot less tactful. LOL, I'm making myself laugh (so that is good.)

I'll check in later, friends!
Being depressed to me is usually about something I'm not aware off. It's when it comes out (Like in a matrimonial meltdown that I become aware of it)

Then I become aware that it's anger or sadness or something else I'd rather not feel. Alcohol is of course great in that it helps you avoid unpleasant feelings except of course that it's better to feel things and deal with them.

This whole week I had this depressed feeling about "do I want to be married to this man any more". Now I know I was just damn angry with him. . Funny enough now that I have aired that feeling I feel a whole lot better about the marriage (We've been together for 23 years). Go figure.