View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 05:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Tally

Totally understand and can relate 100% with everything you've said hopeful4 (you too Naive). There will come a time when you just CAN'T stand it any more.

The xabf used to visit his parents alot. I always dreaded him going thinking I couldn't cope without him. The minute he was out the door the air was lighter, the tension completely gone. No walking on eggshells, no trying to make him happy, no being quiet cos he was sleeping during the day, no sweeping his facial hair off the floor from where he'd shaved and just left it there...no soggy tea bags on the worktops leaving stains...no sweaty bed sheets...Then he'd come back and for the first evening it would be ok and then the tension would return. I ended up completely filled to the brim with venom because EVERY thing about him made me angry, irritated me...even when he was being nice.

You'll know when the time is right but please don't think staying with him will benefit your daughter. All I taught mine is that it was ok to stay with someone who treated you badly and that tension and unhappiness was normal. The last thing I want for my daughter is to have a broken picker with regards to men, because I have.