View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 04:40 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
KINGOFNEWYORK

Since I've become Sober I've realized

1. I'm not drunk.

2. All those empty Bourbon bottles I was going to turn into lamps and make a million $ on the home shopping network....are not staring at me, telling me to get more so I can make more money.. Lamps ?? Yeah, drinking made me ..""CREATIVE""..NOT !!!

3. How frikkin hard this is but am finding new strength and lots of support here at SR...had I been drinking I probably would have mused at this sight and said, "yeah, their probably all robots programmed to answer that way for a donation. Pffft !! and moved on to google maps to research the distance and hours of all the liquor stores within a 2 mile radius of me...yup, I did that.

4. That being conscious of daily hygiene and health are most definitely better for my body than my old spin cycle of drink, soak, repeat...cheaper too !!

5. I don't repeat myself as often...AND I don't repeat myself as often either...

Four out of five isn't bad in the first week 'eh ??

Well....today is my 7th day, hasn't been easy but last night got a good 5 hours straight of sleep, no bad nightmares but physically still feel pretty bad...taking vitamins and some protein shakes, so hope these work a bit to help me get through this week...oh and one more thing...

6. I couldn't have done it without having Sober Recovery here 24/7 whenever I have a bad feeling come over me or a craving...the stories, the honesty and education and humor I have read in a week will be with me for a lifetime...thank you all for being here...this is a brilliant place to be. ...not to mention that Monkey Diving game has helped me in the Arcade a few times although they wind up in the "drink". ;-) ,,,

Peace all.