View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 09:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
queenteree
Recovering Nicely

Last summer I, too, tossed around several ideas such as yours. I even wrote to the show "Intervention". My RAH was as bad as yours, in almost every respect, and healthwise, he was dying (he has ALD, and has almost died twice in the past). I decided to go w/option no. 3, let go and let God. I had been thru options 1 and 2 several times before. Didn't work for me, just kept the cycle of insanity going. Finally, he left me, and I really let it go. Went no contact, he called a million times, I put the answering machine on lowest, ringer off, didn't listen to the messages. Let him go to drink himself to death if that's what he chose. He was either gonna sink or swim. After two months gone, he got 3 dwi's in one week, spent time in county jail, and is now over 6 mos. sober. Was that his bottom? I don't know. We don't know what anyone's bottom is. Should he relapse, I have to let go and let God ... same w/my AD. I have temp custody of her two little girls, have not heard from her in over 2 weeks, don't know whether she's alive or dead, but again, I had to let go and let God. That's what works for me. She needs to hit her own bottom, whatever that may be. I believe you can't save someone who doesn't want to be saved, and me personally, I don't believe in interventions. Until they want help, the cycle will never end. JMO. You're in my thoughts. Hugs.