Thread: Just an Update
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 08:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SisOfAnAddict

Just an Update

So things have changed since my last update. Mom and Dad have seen first hand how bad Sis's addiction is. She went on a crack binge and was missing for 3 days. When she turned up in an ER (she was fine but remorseful and wanted help) and my folks took her home. That night she called her dealer and acted really weird the next morning. I'd bet a years salary she was high. My parents agreed. The BF has instant access to her phone records and that's how we know she got in touch with her dealer. They refuse to deal with her anymore. I hope they stick to it. I came to visit when sis was there and she was... frightening is the best word for it. Erratic. She scared my toddler. She wouldn't leave him alone and he wailed when she'd try to pick him up. She refused to leave him alone and it put me on edge. That isn't the sister I know.

We called the nephew's father and hopefully he can keep custody this time. Sis is gone now... Off on some "vacation" with boyfriend. Last week while BF was out she called her dealer and had it delivered. How she paid for it is up to our imagination since she has no money. She couldn't leave the house since she had her son there.

It's been, what, 5 months? since she started using. In less than half a year she's lost her nursing license, started prostituting herself to her dealer, and (hopefully) lost custody of her son.

I don't know who I was looking at this past Monday but it wasn't my sister. She truly frightened me.

And the worst part? When people tell me "I'm so sorry for you, it must be hard" I feel sorry for THEM for worrying about her. I'm not sad right now. All I see is a crack addict and I want her GONE until she recovers. The hard part in all of this is supporting my family in stopping enabling her. It's been a whirlwind since we found out she's using (just over a month now) I haven't had a moment to breathe let alone be sad.