View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 10:51 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Kjell
i've done my almost

B/c alcohol did for me what I could not do for myself. ...but then the progression turned for the worse and the blackouts started

I soon found myself broken up with, fired from a job of 11 years, forced to move, dui and totalled car #1, then dui and totalled car #2. This all happened in 2 1/2 years time where I spiralled out of control in front of everyone and I still drank during all of that. I'm still picking up the pieces and more are falling apart from the insanity of those last few years. Not to mention all the hangovers, lies, and just complete and total BS I lived in.

I don't drink today b/c alcohol stopped working for me. I rode it out until d@mn near the bitter end - I pretty much ran out of options - in short, I finally stopped fighting and surrendered. Thank God for AA, SR, outpatient therapy and help from other alcoholics. I can now say I have almost 150 days since my last drink.

There is hope. I can see a faint light at the end of the tunnel. I want to know what's on the other side of all of this.