View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 08:42 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  
artsoul
SR Fan

Welcome Bob and KC!! Congratulations on choosing to be sober today! This thread really makes my day. There's alot of folks on the forum and it's nice to come here and feel a connection with people who are going through the same things. Glad you're joining us.

Atlas - thanks for my first smiles of the day! I can just see you bustin' those moves, my friend! And this is so spot on:
every conversation I had there wasn't the usual back & forth in my mind of --- is this awkward? or me feeling the need to tell someone an excuse, consisting of: I've had a few drinks or I'm really stoned...
Ain't it the truth? I'm amazed at how good it feels to have my mind free of drinking thoughts while I'm with other people. I feel more open and connected, which would have been totally scary just a few weeks ago. Went to a group function last night and didn't have to worry that I would shake when I held a piece of paper, or that I had to pop Altoids every 5 minutes. What a relief.

Flux - sorry to hear about all the stress in your day. I'm having to really try to follow the "easy does it" thing right now. We do need to work, though, and I've noticed a small improvement every day in my ability to handle things. We're going to be okay - it's just going to take time.

Draciack - how's the insomnia going?

jlr - hope the anxiety goes away soon. Someone (I think it was Dee or Ann?) said not to expect a straight path - it has dips here and there. It made me feel a little better knowing that.

Hello traderjane, norther, and margareth (congrats on day 3/feeling better)

Here's to a sober day, everyone...........

ONWARD AND UPWARD WE GO!!!!