View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 03:35 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
NEOMARXIST

The fact that I accept that I am an alcoholic and drug addict. That really helps on the level of being 24 and totally sober/clean. Which in itself, without that total acceptance, would be very difficult. I got sober at 23 and have 10+ months.

My recovery is what fundamentally motivates me to avoid alcohol use!! The thought of putting chemicals into my body seems like a foreign concept to me now. One that I have absolutely no desire whatsoever to do. I love my sobriety and my recovery with all of my heart and I am so grateful every day for it. I know that to drink would be to lose everything in my life. It would happen very quickly too. I wouldn't last long.

My life now is totally built around my recovery from alcoholism and drug addiction. Everybody close to, and some not even that close, know that I'm a recovering alcoholic. So it's really great as I have nothing to hide and my future depends upon my recovery.

I like who I am now. I have work to do still but I know that it will be worth it.