View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 07:11 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  
Draciack

Welcome, Dean, sounds like you are moving forward with a good plan. Sorry about losing your job and your shaky marriage. Stick around; this is a really supportive group. Posting here certainly eases the pressure a little.

Crow, LOL about the little plastic sippy cup. The bars around my campus actually don't stock glasses, so every time I would order whiskey they'd put it a tiny, white cup--the exact kind used in dentist offices, actually, to rinse and spit. That, I won't miss

Porkchop, SleepTime tea? I'll give it a go. It's odd; some days I hardly have the energy to put on pants, while others I can't sleep a wink. And some days, I can't do either. These first 30 days are an absolute roller coaster. A fun one though

Jlr, congrats on making it through the first week! That's big stuff. The first time I told someone who was not an alcoholic (my sister) that I was attending meetings, I was both scared out of my mind and dying to tell someone. Turned out, she was really supportive and my fear was misplaced, as it usually is.

Artsoul, the droopies? Hahaha, great term, I love it.

Magareth, sorry to hear about the panic attacks and nightmares. My dreams during the first week were incredibly vivid and scary as hell too. Glad to see you got some sleep and made it to Day 3.

To the rest of the Mayflowers: