Thread: Mommy Dearest
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 03:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Angelic17

Oh That Ann, Always a comforting word of wisdom from Ann. When I hurt I can count on Ann for a kind and comforting word or wisdom. Almost every person alive has issues with at least one parent that has abandoned in one way or another. You see it's not what happens to us in life, it's how we deal with it. Letting Go and Letting GOD handle the things that we are powerless over is a good start in recovering from any type of rejection. Faulty, don't take it on. That rejection is about your mom, not about you. Someone in her past must have treated her that way. It just goes on and on. You can break the cycle by educating yourself, and learning that you are worthy of love. And GOD loves you more than you could ever imagine. Your life is worth something, and you have a purpose. Thanks for sharing your poem. I too had a very painful childhood. An alcoholic mom, and my father abandoned me. I grieved it, and moved forward. Knowledge of knowing none of that was my fault or about me, was helpful. I was just an innocent child who did not ask to be born or brought into a painful childhood. Thanks for sharing.