View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 12:50 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
traderjane

Welcome Scoob!

Crow, your post made me LOL. Drinking from a plastic sippy cup with a picture of Scooby Doo on it. I know the feeling. Everyone else drinking from elegant wine glasses and they give you this big ugly glass with a plastic straw in it that screams "soda."

I kind of struggle with that a bit, too, and have thought of ordering virgin margaritas, not only because of the look of it, but because I truly like the taste of margaritas. I have ordered cranberry on the rocks on occasion and that works out well. Looks pretty inconspicuous and many people assume you have a cocktail so no questions to deal with. One step at a time...I'm not going to a bar in the near future thankfully.

I'm only on Day 3 -- hard to believe. The last time I drank seems like another life. A life I'd rather leave behind, might I add! I'm very motivated right now because I don't think alcohol has much to offer me anymore (except being sick and depressed) and love the way I feel when I don't drink. I can't wait to see what it's like a week from now, two weeks from now, etc.

I had to fight off a very stressful moment last night. It was a moment that might have driven to me drink in the recent past, something that would have tipped me over the edge, but I just kept reminding myself that drinking would only be hurting me more. Why do that to myself. There are much better ways to deal with stress. It's like retraining myself out of old habits.

Hope everyone is doing well -- this group is really big now, isn't it?