View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 10:14 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Crow3000

Hi everyone

Been pretty busy this weekend, which is a good thing. I think I 've caught up on all the posts and just in case I forget to mention any of the newcomers I will just say hi to all of you now.

Hi, all newcomers!

Took the bus down to Philly this weekend to see and old friend of mine. A guy I knew from hi school. We actually used to do quite a bit of drinking together back in the day including college. He's a good friend though, not just a drinking buddy. Anyway, he was one of the first friends I told about my decision to stay sober. Kind of awkward leading up to it since he seemed to really want to go on a tare. In the end I just told him outright, along with my reasoning and my terrible experience with detox. He didn't seem too taken aback, maybe a little surprised, and yes, supportive. I wonder if anyone has had a similar experience ...

Also tonight I went to my first AA meeting. SR has been great but thought I might as well put a few more shots in my locker just in case. There were some very inspiring people there and some great sharing, i even contributed a little but frankly didn't know what the hell was going on. I'm definitely dedicated to staying sober but I am not so sure about the whole 12 steps aspect. Well, another question and another day I guess.

Best wishes everyone