Old 05-16-2010, 07:32 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

I'm home! And now pretending not to be at home. LOL

I went camping this weekend. There were supposed to be 4 of us, and we were supposed to camp in north Texas. Mother Nature intervened with tornadic storms in north Texas and two of the people couldn't make it due to the storms (ya know the old folksy saying "God willing and the creek don't rise?" There are places around here where that's literal). The other friend had already driven 3 hours to get to my apartment, and I already had camping gear and $60 worth of food in coolers in the car. So rather than waste all that we consulted a weather map and headed for northwest Oklahoma. It was excellent! Friday afternoon we left town with no destination in mind, no plan for where to spend the night, only the decision to head northwest. We visited 4 state parks-- camped in 2 of them-- shared our campsite, and very nearly our tent, with an inquisitive and rather stubborn adolescent raccoon, dug in salt flats for selenite crystals, hiked through hills, crawled through caves, and got eaten alive by ticks and mosquitoes. And it was great. It was my first substance-free camping in 3 years.

And now I'm not answering my phone so perhaps I can sleep tonight. Now that the storms are over I have been invited for a trip to our original camping destination. No thanks. LOL

I finally found it! Somehow I didn't expect it to look like this.