View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 10:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
coexist

Thanks for your response! Yes he was on opiates too...Living together is working alright because we don't really see too much of eachother. He started a new job which seems to be going well, but I wonder if it's too much alone time for him (very independent work). I'm looking for full time work. He came out of treatment a month ago a new person in essence. Super motivated and driven to change. He was going to meetings everyday. Now he is telling me that he doesn't HAVE to go everyday and because he's working it's less stressful for him to go 3 times a week. He also feels like the meeting are really redundant and all the same information. So he feels he doesn't need to go as often. He's the macho guy type super stubborn and he knows everything already. LOL so I gave up trying to get him to do anything addict or not. He is going to do what he's going to do. I'm just wondering why this sudden interest in drinking...he says he's feeling the need for an adrenaline rush. I feel like drinking is just an excuse to pick up again...so he could say I only did it because I was drunk. I said "well if you don't have any problems with alcohol then why is it you want to drink so badly??" He would say things like "Well don't expect me to give up everything It's not like I'm never going to drink again in my life." As if he's trying to prepare me for it or something...It is usually been on a Friday or Saturday night when he mentions this. Maybe he's just missing the bar scene. I don't know what to say or how to react...