View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 09:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
coexist

Question Newbie girlfriend of Addict

Hi everyone! I'm new here I have been lurking for awhile. I couldn't figure out why my registration wasn't going through. Turns out it was lost in my spam folder. Now I can't finally post here too! I have been dating my boyfriend now for a year. I didn't realize he had a pill problem until about 2 or 3 months ago. Just last month his family had an intervention with him and got him into in-patient treatment successfully. Now he's back home and seems to be doing well. He has moved in with me as he couldn't go back to where he was living before. So far we are both doing well. It's def. a struggle at times we both get in funky moods. I have noticed more recently he keeps talking about wanting to drink again. How he doesn't plan on stopping drinking because he never had a problem with drinking. I got the feeling he was trying to see how I would react to this. I just told him what I thought and that I felt it would only lead to him picking up again. I think he feels he can have one or two and be fine. I also told him that he should talking someone who is going through what he is going through. Maybe mention it to his counselor or at a meeting. Naturally he got defensive about that and then wanted to drop the subject all together. I'm wondering if it would be helpful for me to mention his new thoughts about booze to his counselor. I'm pretty new to all this. Any advice is helpful! Thanks! I would elaborate more but my computer sounds like it's going to blow up any second better restart....