View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 06:43 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
sofacat
work in progress

Thanks Coffee for this thread....and yes Callie.."I hear ya'!"

I started reading a book (Eat Pray Love) last night that I have been putting off for months! Glad I started it though, and I thought of US while I was reading it. She and I have so much in common! (the author) This book is EXACTLY what I need right now...many of us need it right now!!

I've also been going out in the sun more, ditched all of my "frumpy" clothes for new "sexy smart" ones!!! hahaa! I've never been a girly girl...EVER....but it's nice to know that at 42....I can learn how to finally be one. Feels much much better!!!!

Bought my first pair of pink shoes, learned to FINALLY braid my hair (yes, I'm a hairdresser who can't braid) but I'm doing it now!....I'm going to buy Rosetta Stone and learn to speak Italian...FINALLY....and I am planning a trip to the Bahamas in July...all by my lonesome. I am going to do a shark cage dive. GULP! But seeing the planet and all it's magical creatures reminds me that there are things out there that are MUCH MUCH BIGGER than me and the chaos I've become accustomed to. Keeps things in perspective.

I just survived a bathroom renovation and black mold remediation (yuck)...fixed the electrical in the kitchen...and am on to staining my deck. All without Mr.Sofa!
We Ladies are VERY resourceful when we need to be!!!!!!!

I DO need to buy a bicycle...I have been thinking about it for years...I love riding bikes...it used to be my favorite thing as a child. Would just disappear, wind in my hair, listening to music and riding for hours. I admire you 5K'ers out there! I wish I could be one of you that way....but I'm a flat footed hairdresser with calluses the size of TEXAS on the bottom of my feet! hahaaa....running is just not made for me.

OCEAN "....every time i take good quality care of myself, i smile more and enjoy this short life even more than i expected."

I love that. Thank you.