Old 05-15-2010, 11:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Peter G

Originally Posted by ChopperTS View Post
Balls of steel!! Having that beer in your hand and giving it away - that took some doing. Bit of divine intervention there too perhaps? I think you got away with that one but if I were you I wouldn't put myself in that position again for a long time (if ever!)

That's me though - well done to you for still being sober and letting us know!!

Actually yes I think you're right about the "divine" guidance stuff, for most of that night actually. I'm not much the religious type although always been very spiritual. By the time that night came and went I did things completely uncharacteristic to my normal "self", things I didn't expect nor prepare for.

For example, in the case of having that beer in my hands, it would have been so easy to tip it back but I just passed it off as if possessed. I swear it felt like someone stepped inside my body and took over for that critical few seconds. Sure I felt somewhat obligated to the person buying it so as not to cause an insult, but there was no physical craving to drink it, and handing it off at that moment felt more natural to me then downing it!!

Had that been a shot or 6 of JD I may not have been so impartial, and I'm sure that test will come before too long.

As far as not putting myself in that position again, hmmm... I'd like to think I don't have to but because I'm a musician/producer it's almost inevitable. This is one seriously booze soaked business. One thing is for sure though, I won't willingly do it again without at least 1 year of sobriety under my belt.