View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 04:08 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
SlvrMag
Black and Yellow

Originally Posted by hello-kitty View Post
I am a recovering addict. When I was using, the road to hell was paved with my good intentions. and I didn't recover until I stopped playing the role of victim.

Originally Posted by Chino View Post
SlvrMag, it wasn't my intention to hurt my daughter (or anyone for that matter) with my codie ways, my addictive personality, but I did.

When we're emotionally immature/children, we love others but focus on our wants first. When we become emotionally mature, we love and focus on our needs and others, not putting anything before them.

I love my daughter but I'm admitting right now, like I just did with her, that I practiced immature love because I put wants before needs (hers and mine both). Sure she was fed, housed, and clothed, but she was also spoiled rotten. She acted like a spoiled child, focused on her wants, and so did I because I had not developed mature love yet. That's what tough love is. It's mature love we have for ourselves first, then share with others.

I am in no way making excuses for my behavior, I am just telling what I felt and thought throughout my addiction, that's all.