View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 10:15 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  
Crow3000

Hi porkchopped, great to see you joining up

Hope everyone had a good day, mine was kind of a bummer ... i got back into town today and immediately got all down on myself. This usually happens after I get back from traveling and is usually a dangerous time when it comes to quitting. This time I stayed on top of everything this first night back but I have had instances where things have fallen apart. I've read a lot of people say that you should remove yourself from all temptation and in a sense get the hell out of dodge if you really want to have the best chances quitting anything. I can definitely see this and agree completely, I have gone on many a trip, vacation, detour, escape where staying sober was no problem, it was when I returned home that things fell back to the same same old same old.

On the other hand though, I have a problem with this idea. Sometimes people can't just get up and leave, maybe they have kids, a job, mortgage, etc, something brings them back and then they have to face up. Tonight I didn't slip back and I guess, because its technically Thursday, I made it through my first day back. I think one of the things that helped is that I didn't wait till I got the hell out of dodge to quit, I faced up to my addiction here, where it lives along side me. I don't think I have ever really done that before.

I hope this continues because the next couple of days are going to be tricky ... today is my birthday and it could be considered a "big one." A new decade and I really hope this one is better than the last and I really hope this last gift I gave myself works out. Blaaagh ....