View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 04:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
woog

Could use some advice...

Hey guys, it's been a while. So my GF is a recovering addict from oxy contin. She's been cleanish for about 5 months, she has relapsed twice, that I know of. She's on suboxone 1 8mg/day.
My problem is this. She barely goes to meetings, like once a month and the other day she took 2.5 subs, she's "not sure why." Well obviously she didn't take that many because she needed it. On top of that she has found a friend who will smoke copious amounts of pot with her, she has smoked ten blunts over the past two days. Whenever we drink she gets wasted.
I don't have a problem with pot, I don't have a problem with alcohol but, I have a problem with what she's doing. She also seems content to take Subs and think everything will be OK. I know she's fooling herself but, she's not fooling me. If it was that easy there be would be far fewer addicts out there.
I know I'm in trouble because I'm thinking about trying to control her as little as possible, obviously that's codependent and I will not allow myself to be there again. I've tried to hint to her to go to meetings, and to quit smoking pot like that but, she's content to be doing what she's doing. I've really just about had it. I want her to do what's best for her because she wants to and obviously she's not doing that. Who the hell ever got better from drinking and smoking way too much pot?? I need her to take her recovery more seriously and I do not want the roll that I am finding myself in. What would anyone recommend I say to her? Thanks to anyone for their response and for reading my short story!!