View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 11:34 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  
californiapoppy

Gosh, May is a prolific month, there are almost as many Mayflowers here as in my yard! That's great! I do believe it's a good month to start, or to start over. I've started over so many times now...this time feels right and there are enough of you all to really make me feel supported. I feel like I have mine own cheering team, and it certainly helps. I know what to expect, but it's good to be reminded continuously, because I have slipped up in the past continuously probably because I wasn't constantly reminded about what triggers me on and how to deal with it. Self pity is a bad trigger too, I can do that real well, "poor dear had a tough day, deserves a reward." or "I'm an alcoholic, an alcoholic drinks because he's powerless with alcohol,so I cant help myself..." I've got thousands of lines like this more of course. But I've been sober for more than a week now, and I've been reading up, listening to your stories, consciously remembering what I have to do to keep away from that first drink! So thank you much!
Welcome to the new Mayflowers!