Old 05-11-2010, 04:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Callie

it's unacceptable to make plans and then not follow through.

You are way better than to be treated like this as early on as you are. I would get the guts, call him. Tell him you don't appreciate what he did and that you're not comfortable with proceeding. If he presses on or has an excuse and you feel cornered - I'd probably take the tangent you're a single, busy mom who works, has a young son to take care of and you just don't have time for this/drama/not following through right now. If that won't work, you could just say I'm not ready right now. I'm getting a feel of turning people down. I don't like the feeling @ all, but what is the point of proceeding when you know it's going nowhere. I'm finding out that it's better to cut it off early, rather than drag it on.

My divorce has been final for a month. I've had people contacting me via facebook, 'running into me', casually inviting me and 'my group' to whatever function, calling me. I am not ready period. I DO look forward to a NORMAL, HEALTHY relationship. BUT...I know I'm not even in the arena with being ok myself. I won't enter into another dysfunctional relationship. Just as you shouldn't HK. I cannot imagine that I would let anyone that early on disrespect me like he did you. (I know SR is probably shaking their heads @ me for all that I've put up with AH, but never again.)

You deserve better. HK, stomp on the grapes and turn them into wine! Or I have a good recipe for grape salad. Your preference.