Thread: how can I?
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 09:23 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
DreamAngel

How do you know for sure that he is not using heroin?
Well, I've been with him thru his using for so long that basically by looking at his eyes I can tell right away if he's on H or not. Plus his actions.... He's not nodding out, no new marks...
I don't know... Just deep inside I have a feeling that he is clean from H..

I don't like the idea of saying these people aren't clean. I think that if they stick to the prescription exactly as the doctor prescribes, they are as clean as any psych patient or diabetic who must take medication to function normally every day.
Everyone has their own opinion about this, but for me ... I would not want to have kids with a person that is on Suboxone or any other prescription opiates... In my opinion it will effect the kids.

I'd get out while the getting is good, before you have any babies and permanently tie yourself to this sick man. You can't help him, and you may actually be hurting him by assisting him in not reaching bottom.
I did get out in December, I moved out, I live with a roommate, work full time, go to school full time... And I just started talking to him less then a month ago ... I really don't think that I'm enabling him in any way. It's just my boundary that if he is on any kind of prescriptions meds then I will stay away....

The job offer is out of the question now, thank God!
And Time will show, if he goes true with the detox and staying clean. I'm defiantly focusing on my life.