View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 10:38 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  
AtlasMcGee

thanks Draciack. I was pretty nervous though & I'm sure my face was flushed when I got up to get that chip. My heart was pounding big time.

The chips go from 24hrs to 30days--seems like such a HUGE leap. I do like the idea of the chip though-it'll be nice when I'm able to raise my hand when they ask "30 days?".

I went back tonight--it's held on weds, sat & suns--I'm glad they have weekend meetings. I think having a meeting to go to after work on the weekends is a GREAT idea & sometimes they go to eat after--I couldn't go with last night, busy weekend. I bought the big book tonight--haven't delved into it yet though.

[kinda corny but true story]
I was pretty down & out feeling on the way home tonight. I felt real alone & in a sad, reflecting of the past, consuming mood--tears & all, so dangerous when you're driving.

When I arrived home & was unloading my stuff, from house sitting all week, I thought I heard some music playing. For a second, I thought it was coming from the car, until I remembered that I'd turned it off . When I came back out for the second load, I always over pack, the music was more clear. It was "lean on me", being played on the other side of the woods in whom evers backyard, I'm sure. Just a guy (he forgot the words during one part), someone playing the keys, & their buddies.

I find this to be INCREDIBLE. I mean REALLY? What are the f*in odds? I'm just in AWE, standing there, looking for a light that may lead me toward THAT direction. I came to the seemingly logical conclusion that I wasn't about to go trudging through the forest & drop into this shindig, or whatever this occasion was. I just appreciated it & applauded when it ended.

Welcome fluxcap & Recovering Faith!
Hope everyone had a great weekend & Happy Mother's Day