View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 12:21 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  
Ghostly
Groovy Dancer

I am almost at four weeks and totally get what is written about temptation. I am new to sobriety but have to say for me too, the first 2 weeks there wasn’t the temptation there is now. I think I can keep this up though. Stay strong Rev.

Sometimes when I read these posts it amazes me how it is exactly what I am going through…it’s like my mind wrote it. AmericanGirl I moved into my house right when I started drinking about 4 years ago. Now sooo many memories and habits I had at this house were drinking. First of all drinking almost every night, but then working in the yard, working on the house, playing with the dogs in the backyard, video games, reading and so much more involved drinking. I have to tell ya, I played catch in the back yard, in the evening on a nice spring night last week. Prob the first time I did that where I wasn’t well on my way to getting drunk…I had fun!! It is just a matter of trying to enjoy these things sober. Keep it up.

Nice job Fool goin to the party and not drinking!

I don’t think anyone thinks you’re rambling Kim, I appreciate reading what you are going through and how good a job you are doing.

Thank you for all the support. I kinda prefer Xbox 360 myself.