View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 07:57 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  
artsoul
SR Fan

Fluxcap - Great to have you with us! Congratulations for making it to day 3. You can do this! We have a great group here and I hope you'll keep posting. For me, it was a great way to stay busy and work on getting better at the same time. First few days were s***ty, but it's amazing when you get a few more days under your belt, isn't it?

Norther - Day 6: that's GREAT! Keep hanging in there. I know I want this really bad and it seems that you do, too. I agree with Californiapoppy:
Take one thing at a time you don't want to go into overload.
For the past week, I've just done the bare minimum - I just didn't want to feel more stress than I had to and end up giving up on my sobriety. I really believe that has helped me a great deal. And I was so dang tired. Still don't have much motivation, but it's getting a little better each day. Even if you have to complain of a headache or stomach ache, and lay in bed watching TV - if that's what it takes to get through an afternoon or evening without drinking - do it!!!!

Atlas - Congratulations on your chip!! Takes some courage to walk up and get one - that's great! I had a bunch of chips and threw them out a year or two ago - guess I didn't want anything to remind me of sobriety - Insanity? Oh yeah. I always had a problem with the word "alcoholic," too. But being among friends in a meeting or on SR, it's not quite so bad, because I figure they know exactly what it means. Now other people, not so much.

Californiapoppy - I'm exactly the same way with being hungry. I guess the blood sugar drops and we start getting the cravings. I have a stack of menus from different restaurants, and I've been ordering carry-out (anything and everything) like crazy this week. Yesterday (day 7) was the first day I felt my hunger/craving cycle settle down a little. Good that we're beginning to identify our triggers. Way to go!

Draciack - I'm so encouraged by your sobriety so far! Wish we had more MayFlowers checking in, and I hope that whatever they're doing, they're still sober. It just made me realize this morning that what we're doing isn't easy and we should all give ourselves a gigantic pat on the back. Hope you have a fantastic Sunday! (I just now realized that the initials for MayFlowers are "MF" - :rotfxko)

Happy Sober Sunday and Mother's Day to all!!!!!!