View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 06:22 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  
californiapoppy

Originally Posted by Norther View Post
Day SIX! I'm going to a meeting this morning. I was talking with my wife last night, and she was saying that now that I don't drink I can improve my diet, get some hobbies, help with the garden, lose some weight, etc., etc. While all of this is true in the long run, I had to say that I can only concentrate for now on not drinking, one day at a time. She is well-intended, of course, but as a non-alcoholic, doesn't understand that six days is just the barest of beginnings, not a time of "mission accomplished." I felt a little guilty resisting all her hopeful ideas, and I agree with her in the long run, but all I can do for today at least is not drink. She's not angry and says she understands, and I hope that's true. I hope I handled this right.
You handled that right. Take one thing at a time you don't want to go into overload. Not drinking is the best thing you can do for your health right now, it may help you to get rid of anxiety and help your well-being to do any kind of exercise or sports, don't overdo anything nor set your goals too high. If you don't drink you'll have already accomplished SO much!