View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 02:25 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  
Kmber2010

Congrats to all of us for another sober day and Rev....you are so dead on with those drinking thoughts. When I was hitting my 3 month mark....well I thought I had "recovered" and was off the alcohol so have a few here in there on vacation was great. I was lied to by alcohol. Once I came back home.....I hit that bottle just like I had been boozing everyday. It was like rekindling an old friendship. Picked up right where we left off.

Yeahhhhh.....ummmmm gonna have to say I learned that lesson and now I am constant with SR, counseling and sharing my daily journal with my partner.

I am just grateful to be alive honestly. I don't know what my HP had in mind for me but I was spared that last bender.

I know that I come here daily and have been visiting the Al-Anon board to better understand how others were affected by drinking.

I probably ramble too much about recovery so forgive me guys. Honestly, I have to do this everyday because I am scared crapless that if I ever give in to a drink that it will be the end of me. My body can't take it.

Ok....Hope all have a great sober Mother's Day.