View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 06:00 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
traderjane

WOW!! I've been gone all of 24 hours and have several pages of posts to catch up on and about 5 new members?!? This group is thriving! I am very happy to be a part of it. And I can relate to so many of your posts and feelings.

I am doing well -- got through Day 4 without a hitch and headed to Day 5. I have done this so many times, but something feels very different this time. I'm tiring of poisoning myself. Life is too short. It's time to start living.

Yesterday I got all my hair cut off to a short new do. Everyone loves it and so do I! I think I needed a change.

I took my son to Hershey Park last night and today. We stayed at a hotel, got up, had breakfast together and then spent the day going on rides, playing games and touring the Chocolate World. It was really fun. I can't begin to tell you how precious this quality time is with my kids and to be able to experience it sober is a true gift. I was happy, peppy, and had loads of energy. (I hope I don't get obnoxious - LOL!)

Two other things. I had some recent dental work (a crown on my top back molar) and I get tooth pain now from time to time. It can get pretty intense. In the past, my instinct would have been to run to the wine store, get a bottle and numb out the pain. Tonight I had to force myself to do something different. I took some Advil, WAITED IT OUT, and the Advil finally kicked in and I feel better. It's amazing all the things we used alcohol for in the past. I love saying that -- IN THE PAST -- because I do consider this is a new life for myself.

Second thought -- when I drank I used to have lower abdonminal pain -- on both sides. I would get unexplained pain in the middle of the night and usually all of the next day after drinking. I never really knew what it was, but I'm quite sure it's nothing good. Now on Day 4, the pain is entirely gone. Our bodies give us so many signals and we ignore them. It's time for me to listen to my body and heal from this madness!

Hope you're getting your runs in, Oddman!

Great job everyone else!!!!