View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 09:15 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  
AtlasMcGee

Day 7

Welcome welcome!! Up to 17 now?? Woot woot!

I can relate to the quitting smoking Crow & being an addict pretty much my entire life. (Btw Crow,my sobriety day was the 30th)

One thing that really brought my decision to live a sober lifestyle to a head was the fact that when I drink, all of the other bad habits that I thought I FINALLY got rid of came back in full force. I'd chain smoke again, eat crappy food & etc etc on the bad decisions...also the next day would be pretty much shot because I'd feel awful, or I would just suck it up and wonder through life in complete delirium--a lot of the times at work.

Art--GREAT to hear your evening was yet ANOTHER success .

At work today, a coworker came up to me and said "so, did you throw down last night & go drinking for cinco de mayo?" (I'd come into work QUITE a few times semi-noticeably hungover--would TRY to play it off. So they knEw how I rollED), & without the nitty gritty, I told her no & that I've been layin low on the party meter.

It's kind of cool, in retrospect, to have that epiphany, whether with a friend (Artsoul & the wine) or a co-worker, where it's like "hey! that's not me ANYMORE". Did I mention I was in a GREAT mood at work today, old me would have been hungover...most definitely.

First few days are ROUGH. I feel you oddman on the irritability--took out a lot of frustration out on my dad the other day--VERY quick to apologize though & he knows about my "at odds with myself, lifestyle change"--he actually went through the same thing at the same age, funny how stuff like that happens. Weird how we take things out in a hateful manner to those we care most about. It's a frustrating time, but we're etching closer & closer to clarity, that's how I've been feeling.

Congrats everyone on another sober day!! ( I think I wrote enough!)