Thread: Sobriety Chips?
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 07:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Until I reached 1 year, my milestone chips were plastic. My sponsor had a drill to drill a hole in them and I carried them on my key chain, and yes as they mounted up they did make noise, a good reminder for me.

Once I started getting the metal Medallions I carried them with me, usually in my wallet. Then when my second sponsee got her first year I gave her my first year chip and have given her my chip each year since.

About 10 years ago, I found a GREAT leather Check Book Cover, with the Serenity Prayer on the front and a place on the front for my medallion. I have put them there since, and still pass the older ones on to that same sponsee.

I like this, as every time I pull out the check book to write a check or enter a debit card entry, there it is, right under my nose, lol along with the Serenity Prayer.

I treasure my yearly chips!

I have ordered my 29 year medallion and it should be here shortly. It will be given to me by a dear friend in the program on my Anniversary and I will once again go through my own personal ritual of taking out the previous chip, putting in the new one, and the previous chip goes in a plastic container to sit in my jewelery box until Dear Diana reaches that time.

J M H O

Love and hugs,