View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 02:02 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
artsoul
SR Fan

Originally Posted by Oddman View Post
Got a problem here. Almost quitting time. My "witching hour(s)". Voices in head "you're not an alcoholic" "wouldn't a beer taste great" Damn right it would!!! Uh oh. Demons from dark places. Need to read some more.
I've had those this afternoon, too, Oddman. I hate em! I'm trying a bunch of different things to deal with them.

We have to remember we're powerless. This things is insidious - it lies to us and then cheats us out of any kind of life. We have to PRACTICE at it until it gets to the point where, when the thoughts come up, we can see them as passing, silly things that don't make us want to hit the wall anymore. The first few times we do it are going to be the hardest. But if we hang in there, the victory will be so sweet.

Imagine what tonight could be like instead. Order out a lucious meal, go to the book store, get a new movie, buy an expensive vitamin drink. PM me. Whatever YOU want to do that will make you feel good. We did it last night. We can do it one more night. Think about waking up in the morning. Where do you want to be? (Sorry about getting on a roll - I'm talking to myself I think!! haha) Keep reading, keep posting.