View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 11:24 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Oddman

Thanks everyone! I still am feeling crappy, but reading some of these posts have brightened my day. I sound like such a wimp I think.....

So I read the serenity prayer again. It NEVER made sense to me, but I think a lightbulb turned on today.

God grant em the serenity to accept the things I cannot change (my daughter throwing up, why get mad at all, there's nothing I can do about it. Breaking a dish, why swear, I can't change what just happened?)

The courage to change the things I can (I can choose to not buy that six pack after work. I have up until the moment the beer hits my lips)

And the wisdom to know the difference. (know when I can act to make a positive change)

At least that's how I read it today.

I haven't told my wife yet. I posted a blog about how she feels about AA. It's funny because she refers people to AA in her line of work, but she doesn't believe in it herself. She also never drinks and can't possibly understand what some of us face every day, and I think that upsets her, that she can't relate to me in this one area of my life. I did find an 8:45pm meeting tonight (gotta be after the girls go to bed) and I'm hoping I can tell her that I'm going to that meeting. I'm really nervous about it though.

I just go on and on don't I......

It's my irritability that is pissing me off!!! I was short with my wife last night. No real reason. I asked where the stamps were. She kinda rolled her eyes like I was stupid for not knowing where they were...

"could you just f*cking tell me where they are?"

Geez, where the hell did that come from.

"Sorry, I'm just tired..." Not entirely untrue.

Thanks again everyone. I'm 29 1/2 hours in, here's to the next 30 minutes!!