Thread: Need HELP!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 09:07 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
ItsmeAlice

Oh Sesh, I'm so sorry this is happening.

It is perfectly natural to want to shout at someone standing in front of an oncoming freight train. If that someone is a child our instinct is to rush in and snatch them from their impending doom and move them to safety.

But what of an adult???

When we make the decision to rush up and try to move an adult to safety we assume they won't resist. But what if they do?? What if they refuse us or fight us bitterly to stay on the tracks?? We may argue as long as we can with them, but do we stay with them and allow ourselves to remain in the train's path and die as well?? Or do we relent and let the adult do as they will.

As long as you stand there shouting, you are in the path of the oncoming train and so are your children. He is not budging and the train is not stopping.

I struggled with acceptance as we all do. I still find myself ruminating over things I could say to change the minds of others. It takes a mental effort to accept what we don't understand or see as logic. It's work, but it is a process that saves ourselves especially when others are insistent upon doing themselves inevitable harm. They have to learn their own way, even if it's the hard way.

Keep working through the process. Acceptance will come. Sometimes it's slow. Sometimes it's like a lightning bolt that jolts you out of bed, but it will come.

Wishing you serenity!
Alice