View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 01:33 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  
Andi

OMG!

How long have I been gone? Maybe two days, but it feels like two weeks reading through all the posts! Couldn't catch up fast enough once I started reading :-)))

Topspin: AbFab on the 30, congratulations!!

Bartender: I'm feeling you when you say your friend is still there for you, I experience the same with my friend J. I just feel his presence and it's very comforting.

Kyb: Maybe your wife is waiting for you to say something or maybe she's unsure about what to do next? I think if you want her support (do you?), you shouldn't be afraid to ask for it, IMO.

Stayinfree: Love that you are pampering yourself, that is so positive.

MyGray: How wonderful that you are able to fully engage with your kids, love those moments too.

Little Chicklet & Saxony: Welcome!

Kimbr: Way to go girl and good luck with that job!

Rev:I think looking up at a huge pile of rocks and thinking about moving it in one go would discourage anyone. How about picking up one stone a day? It'll get you there in the end. I was always an all or nothing kind of person, that ended up in a lot of nothing. After I had my son I had to accept that it's ok to do "some" ironing, "half" the dishes, stop and get back to it later...

My job is absolutely hectic at the moment, but I manage and have a bring-it-on attitude, because I'm sober. Some others at work are handling things with the old and tired, I need/deserve a drink strategy and i'm just happy I don't need to go there.
So today was madness and when I went to pick up my son, my mom told me he was very naughty at practice and again back at her place (he was still sitting in the corner when I got there).
We had a talk about everything that happened and then they kissed & made-up. My mom is also a recovering alcoholic (coming from very far) and what I found so touching and beautiful was that she was holding back her tears when they hugged. It showed me that her true feelings are coming through again and aren't being blocked anymore. She used to let him get away with murder and now she is setting boundaries and demands that they are repected, however difficult it is for her. I am soooooo proud of her today and I made sure I told her!

If I didn't fill out a whole page by myself...I'll try harder next time

Andi