View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 11:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
MissFixit

I think there are functioning A's. I think though that they are not yet advanced enough to feel the full extent of their disease.

My exabf has a system of enablers who help him along.

As far as memory goes, when someone cannot remember periods of their life, in my opinion, they are lying. They are not wanting to acknowledge what they did. Maybe it is because it is too painful or they are ashamed, but weeks and months, I think they are lying about not knowing.

My ex stands by the words that he did not cheat on me as I broke up with him. He is lying. We fought about his drinking and lying and he proceeded to start seing another woman behind my back for 5 months and got engaged to her. However, he told his friends that I broke up with him to cover his tracks and make me seem like the bad guy, so no one would speak to me to confirm this. He maintained to me and my family that he was in recovery, working a program and we were getting married. Lots of lies. Very sick.

I think they know. I think there are blackouts for hours as I have blacked out when I was in college drinking. It was a matter of hours, not days, weeks or months.