View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 02:32 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Kmber2010

Hey Hey!!! Hanging in there and still sober. I have my irritable moments (Lord knows how hubby tolerates my snippiness but he says he is fine with him since he has his wife back finally) and of course at the dreaded point in early recovery. The time where you are beginning to feel really good, making positive change and those little thoughts of having a relaxing nice drink set in.

I had my inprocessing today and am offically employed by the government (what was I thinking...LOLOL) but after the entire day and a few other good things happening that my body was sending me the "its time to celebrate with a drink" vibe.

No worries....I came straight home and decided to chat with hubby, clean the kitchen and have some coffee. Of course the thought passed - force of habit I believe. So many years of using booze to offset any emotional high or low. Was super proud of myself but of course was a bit snippy for a bit.

Tonight hubby and I went to dinner and played some pool ------ IN A BAR!!! OMG....I ordered a sprite and while I won't drink ever again.....it was that familiar smokey scene where people are laughing and drinking and it was a little challenging for me. I just reminded myself that I don't drink, that I am not like them and that I will wake up feeling grand. Later I saw several folks who were pretty lit up and I thought to myself ......Oh Kim....that was you once upon a time...aren't you glad you aren't there anymore.

Finished a few games of pool and headed home and now off to bed. Yeah today was interesting but I handled it. I usually avoid anything I can connect with drinking but I do have to face it at some time......my life will always be filled challenging moments and I have to deal with it.

Super proud of myself.....bit sad with myself for getting into the mess but no matter what I love not living that life of hiding and fear when I was drinking. I go through my days now with no regret or guilt of what I am doing.

Wow....that was alot for me to share. Today was a struggle inside for me......

Here is to another blessed sober day my friends.