View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 11:18 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
AtlasMcGee

Originally Posted by Draciack View Post
When I drink, my diet is...oh, how should I put this--terrible. Fast food, late night binges, little breakfast, and so forth.

Btw, Atlas, heck of a storm we had today, yeah? I hope you stayed safe. I heard the highways were flooded in Nashville.
I relate with the drinking diet. I use to joke with my friends that I would get the munchies more when I drank then when I smoked weed...haha. Which was an additional (of the many) reason why I chose to stop drinking--I want to eat & lead a healthy lifestyle.

Concerning the flooding: The Cumberland River was expected to crest at 51.something ft. (flood level) at noon today.

My house is fine, I'm quite a bit east of Nashville. However, I work in Nashville & my work parking lot flooded Saturday along with my car...yikes! It's all good though. I'm fortunate enough to have family that can loan me a car until we get things figured out. We're getting to the recovery stage of all of this and new shelters are still opening up--about 14,000 people are still w/o power though (just Davidson Co. area, maybe more elsewhere) and people are being ask to cut their water usage in half in order to eliminate the possibility of lowered pressure in the pipes--which could result in a crack & therefore leakage of contaminated water into the drinking water---so hopefully Nashvillians adhere to that!

It's sunny and beautiful today & suppose to be without rain 'til friday & even then only a few showers. Hope ya'll are doing good in Knoxville.

Congratulations on everyones 1st or first few days of sobriety!! It's not easy, but we can do it! & just remember that you are not alone in this process