View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 09:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Zencat
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Welcome to the secular section Stayinfree.

Yeppers, Secular Connections is a forum for those that would like to do a recovery program other than AA.

What keeps me on track with living a comfortable life without harmful substance addiction is a combination of things. CBT/REBT make up a good part of my addiction treatment. As I think of addiction as a brain disorder/disease, so therapies that deal directly with changing thinking and behavior makes me believe I'm on the right course with recovery.

Zen philosophy is another tool that helps me make a deep psychological rearrangement that I feel is important in order to maintain a pleasant sober and free life style.

Being here at SoberRecovery is another great tool I benefit from. I learn from the wide variety of people that post examples of 'what to do' and 'not to do' here. As well as participate in a recovery community.

I also go to support groups in the real world and join in on safe social activities where my sober lifestyle is honored.

Those are some of the key points that I can think of this morning that I do so that I can live a life that promotes a healthy lifestyle.