View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 01:56 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  
Marlow

Originally Posted by Fool View Post
Today is day 13 for me.

Soon, I will be at 2 weeks sober, which was an early goal of mine.

I continue to feel that I have this beat. I am well aware that I should guard against such early optimism, but that is honestly how I feel.

I have not had the desire to drink yet. I've worried about drinking daily, but that little voice in the back of my head incessantly cajoling and rationalizing has been mostly silent so far. I think reading this forum has my addiction scared to death....lol.

I do feel a bit of anxiety over how smooth things have gone so far.

I have read others refer to "waiting for the other shoe to drop." That is an apt description of how I feel.

This sound very foolish (hence my user name) but I almost wish for a "bad day" so that I can overcome it, and prove to myself that this is not just another attempt at not drinking.

This time is different. This time is for real.

Hang in there everyone, and I'll hang right with you.
Yep Fool, get ready for that other shoe, because it will come at some point. Last night I was out for a walk, it was quite hot, I had kinda of a lousy day, and I walked by a pub with people drinking frothy cold beer. The temptation was definetly there.

I remember feeling like you did just a couple days ago, and still kinda of do, that I've got this thing beat. But really we're not even a month into recovery and getting cocky about it is probably a step in the direction of relapse.

WhiteWave, thanks for sharing, 35 days is awesome! I would feel so proud if I were you. All I can say is being sober is the starting point of resolving any mental issues. Stay strong y'all.

BTW, I object to us Aprillers being called Springers. For us down in the Southern Hemisphere its Fall.