joinedintime

Originally Posted by Lenina View Post
Ali,

I suppose the polite thing to say would be "Nice to meet you, Mr. Clapton."

Love,

Lenina
Litterally LOL'd on that one.

so....apathesim
it that being apathetic about belief in a supernatural deity?
as in, yeah there might be a god, there might not, I don't care

but I know there's a Mr. Clapton

well, I decided to look it up first before hitting the ol' submit post buttom and sure as hell, well I'm not so sure there's a hell, but I digress....not only is that a real word (maybe you all knew that and I'm the one that thought someone accidentally typo'd it up here) but get this - there is a church of apathism and it says you might already be a member

for those that are curious, this is from the top of their home page:

There are four main roots of theology (we'll ignore the various ascetic, moral, dogmatic, etc. branches of theology and stick to the roots): theism, agnosticism, atheism, and apatheism - all of which answer to ideas of the existence of supreme beings. Simply put, theists don't deny, agnostics don't know, atheists don't believe, and apatheists don't care about the existence of gods.

Apatheists neither believe in nor deny the existence of gods. They simply aren't interested one way or the other. To Apatheists, the "god question" is profoundly unimportant. Even if there were a blatant, undisputed answer to the question, we would most likely go on living our lives the same ways we already do.