View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 07:37 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Ceres
Go ask the Multivax

Originally Posted by Lenina View Post
I think since the first things we hear or feel is our mother's heartbeat, we are naturally musical creatures. I think that's why we all respond to music, the beat! This is why drummers rule! Bass players too. LOL

I find a lot of comfort in music. I don't like that Euro-techno stuff. It's too android-like or something. But I digress.

I'm reading a book now about collective joy, by Barbara Erenreight. It's most interesting to me as she talks about dance and music, chanting and that sense of community.

I'm probably not making sense again, I apologise, I just don't explain things well.

Love,

Lenina
That makes perfect sense to me! Humanity as a whole is where my wonderment and Higher Power lay. I have a true love for humanity as others do for a God. It's my personal belief that all Atheists must have this insight to grow. Otherwise, it's too easy to get lost in our ego's. We also have to give religion and those who do believe in God the utmost respect they deserve.

A group dance, music, chanting all that brings us humans together on a deep level.