View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 05:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Snarf
Snarf Snarf

Joleah, I'm familiar with what you're talking about. My emotions and been dulled and numbed for a long time. I was just indifferent about everything, unless something really pi**ed me off. Once I had a couple weeks without the booze, the emotions were coming back, and sometimes they hit me like a tidal wave. I too laughed so hard at things that I began to cry. That hadn't happened to me in a long time. But it's awesome to feel again. It's fantastic to actually experience the ebbs and flows in my emotions.

Good luck to you in your sobriety. Alcoholics Anonymous is a wonderful book. I've also found the book "Under the Influence" to be very helpful in understanding this disease of alcoholism, how and why it affects me, and how I should treat this affliction. I was lucky enough to find a copy at the library, but I believe it can be purchased for $7 or less. I intend to buy several copies and keep a few on hand, as many people I know and have worked and hung out with over the last decade+ could probably find some help in its pages.