View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 04:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
atalose

My long term solution is to keep working my program and get myself stronger. If he does not go to detox I will begin arraignments to move out and close this chapter in my life for good.

He's been down this road before, had many years clean did the detox's, did the rehabs, did the sober living...............all of which were forced on him by either his parents or the last time, 6 years ago an attorney in an attempt to reduce his pending charges.

Not sure if it's because he's getting older or what but this time he actually wants the help. His boss is in the program and he's disclosed to him that he needs help, can't do it on his own and kind of ratted himself out because he was afraid of killing someone in the truck he drives. His boss laid him off and said what ever he needs and when he's ready to come back and works a real program, his job will be waiting but if he doesn't do what he's claiming he truly wants to do, that's the end of the job.

He was so bitter with the program basically stopped working one, got himself all caught up with the drop outs so to speak, those showing up high to the meeting but claiming fame for not drinking. He's dumped all of them and has been reaching out to other in the program.

Me, I have been working my program and going to my meeting faithfully , talking with my sponsor and others and getting the courage and strength to do what I need to do for me.

I've not disclosed to him my plans, I'm just gonna do what I need to do for me.

It's a twist of fate in many ways, he's the one that got me to attend al-anon years ago as my dad's drinking was out of control. Seems our relationship was the strongest then, he was doing his program and I was learning mine. He often speaks of that time and says he'd like to get back to where he was with the program being a strong part of his life............guess only time will tell for him.