Old 04-27-2010, 07:02 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Emmy69

Hi Nightwolf. Hey, haven't you heard, 50 is the new 40! It's certainly not too late to start a better life and you can do it!

I'm a little older than you and have been an every day drinker my entire adult life. I hit the wall recently and said enough is enough. I don't have to go into details. I think we've all been there. But I found this SR site and after lurking for a while made a committment to myself that I wanted a better life. Through the wonderful advise and support I've received from folks here I really feel this time is different.

I'm on day 57 of sobriety. I'm working out every day and have almost reached my weight loss goal of losing 30 lbs. I feel younger and look better than I have in years.

The best feeling is that I am now actually optimistic. Looking forward to the future and new opportunities. I'd forgotten that emotion entirely. When you get it back, there's nothing like it! And it's not that far away for you either.

Congratulations on your awakening and hang in there. You'll be amazed how quickly you'll feel better. You being only 50, you have the benefit of youth!